Monday, March 3, 2014

Where People Gather




This week we gathered around to celebrate the homecoming of my cousin, Tiffany. 
It's a surreal experience to go through when you have a loved one pass away.
There was so many people that came to pay their respects to such a beautiful young girl. 
I really enjoyed my time with Tiffany. She was a girl full of life, full of hope, full of love for her family. I will really miss her...
We got to the church early to put up her photographs and as I was sitting there in that empty church with only the piano player practicing...I began to think that this was the very place people come to receive hope, where they come to start a new life, where they feel peace and it's that same alter where Tiffany was, that people cry out to God for their problems. It was here where now we gather. How can one place represent so many circumstances? I think it's because it's still the very place we come for peace. I've been at this alter many a times, and I've never left it the same. My problems are not solved because of this physical place, but the peace I receive is what keeps me trying. 
Tiffany is at peace as well. I know she is. Her spirit will live on in all the lives she touched. Like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment